Bean & pepper chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 350 g pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1-3 tsp chilli powder depending on how hot you want your chilli to be
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 400 g can kidney bean in chilli sauce
- 400 g can mixed bean drained
- 400 g can chopped tomato
- rice to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and peppers, and cook for 8 mins until softened. Tip in the spices and cook for 1 min.
- Tip in the beans and tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins or until the chilli is thickened. Season and serve with rice, if you like.