- Orders will be confirmed and billed via the email address or cell phone number provided on the order form.
- Deliveries are processed as soon as payment is received and will be dispatched as efficiently as possible. Next day delivery is available on all orders placed before 4pm from Sunday – Thursday. All orders placed on Friday and Saturday will be delivered on the following Monday.
- Your final invoice amount needs to be paid in full before shipping. Goods will only be shipped once full amount reflects in our bank account.
- Please note orders under R400.00 will include a shipping fee of R39.00
- In some cases, due to the nature of the online store, overselling may occur resulting in communication from our team. We will do our best to find an alternate product or apply a refund on the oversold item.
- Customers will be contacted in the event of a stock issue or a delay of dispatch.
- Delivery times do not include Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays.
- Orders with incorrect billing information, or requiring additional verification may be delayed.
Domestic Shipping Policy
Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-5 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. For National orders, please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone (our contact details can be found on our Contact Us page.
Your order may experience delays due to stock availability, courier delay, and where you are situated, this is the nature of online shopping, however we do try our best to ensure stock is always available. In the event where stock is not available for a certain item/s, you will be contacted by a Village Food Market employee and offered an alternative or a credit for your next online purchase.
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
|Shipment method||Estimated delivery time||Shipment cost|
|Pick-up In-Store||2-5 Business Days, Pick your order up in the store when it is ready.||Free|
|Durban||2-5 Business Days, We make use of a third party service to get your orders to you in a timely manner.||R65.00|
|SA – Dry Goods||3-8 Business Days, This is only for dry goods as items are shipped by Road Freight and take 3-8 working days. Chilled products cannot withstand the journey and will go off during transit. If you choose this option cold items will be removed from your order and you will be credited for them by use of a website credit.||R99.00|
|Kwa-Zulu Natal – Cold/Frozen Products||Your Items are sent overnight using thermal freezer boxes to ensure products stay chilled. This option is only available to send to Gauteng.||R250.00|
* Cold Products are only available for delivery in Kwa-Zulu Natal
Delivery delays can occasionally occur. You will be contacted by a Village Food Market employee if there will be any sort of delay or missing item in your order.
Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
You will receive a Shipment Confirmation email once your order has shipped containing your tracking number(s). The tracking number will be active within 24 hours.
Village Food Market is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you received your order damaged, please contact the shipment carrier to file a claim.
Please save all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
International Shipping Policy
We currently do not ship outside South Africa
Our Refund policy provides detailed information about options and procedures for returning your order.